Kashmiri Kahwa is made by boiling green tea leaves with local saffron, cinnamon, cardamom and occasionally Kashmiri roses. It is generally served with sugar or honey and crushed nuts, usually almonds or walnuts. Some varieties are made as a herbal infusion only—without the green tea leaves.
Health Benefits of Kahwa Tea
- Kahwa is an excellent metabolism booster. It flushes out toxins from the system and works as a natural detox for the body.
- It helps in weight loss and burning fat. It prevents the increase of cholesterol in the blood vessels and curtails the risk of heart diseases.
- Tea strengthens the immune system and provides overall protection to the body.
- Tea being rich in antioxidants diminishes the anxiety or stress levels. It energizes the body.
- It is an outstanding home remedy for cold, cough and congestion. It is known to act on the phlegm in the chest, thereby remedying a cold or cough.